Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Summer 2008

I hope everyone else is having a pleasant summer. So far, I have been biking and walking on lots of rail trails. The RTC ( http://www.railtrails.org/index.html) is a great organization and I love them. So far this year, we have been on the Wabash Cannonball Trail in Ohio, the Lower Trail, the Staple Bend Tunnel Trail and the Johnstown Flood Trail all in Pennsylvania, the Western Maryland Rail Trail and the Great Allegany Passage in Maryland, among others. Sometimes we walk, sometimes we ride recumbent bikes. Besides biking and walking, my other summer passions are NASCAR (love KK#9)...went to Michigan, great track and lots less fans this year thanks to the gas price issues and concerts...saw Bowling for Soup on a very hot day in Virginia in early June. They put on a fabulous show! Love their music AND they are very funny guys. Hoping to see Journey and Cheap Trick later in the year. It will be interesting to hear Journey's new lead singer. Two years ago, we had the pleasure of hearing both Steve A. and JSS and both did a great job so I'll be waiting to judge the new guy for myself. Always get a good show out of Robin Zander and Rick Nielsen so will look forward to CT. Love Def Leppard and their new album is good but am passing up their concerts because I do not like their opening acts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the very helpful websites you directed me to. I know much more about Orioles and other birds after viewing those sites. Thanks for taking the time to type those long addresses :)
Also, thanks for visiting my blog.
I put links to both websites you gave me. They are under "Helpful Information" on my sidebar.